Thursday, September 26, 2013

More about Virginia...

I just have to add this.

I had a family emergency right after this trip. This meant I was flying to Austria.
When I am stressed my attention span shrinks. So it happened that I got on the last bus that left from Washington DC to the airport with exactly $1.- in my pocket. Not making this bus would have meant a 20+ mile taxi ride. I got on not having the fare blushing at my predicament. The bus driver waved me on, I was floored.
The next day at the airport, I realized I still had a $60.- Leatherman knife from the trip on me. There is no post office at the airport, no service to mail things home and no time. I went to the information counter and offered the knife to one of the people as a gift. Mr. Cote took the knife, promising to mail it from home. I just got it, plus the change, which I told him to keep.
Virginia, you have a new fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment